Thursday, June 16, 2011

Illustration Friday: Shadow

This is my attempt at a visual representation of a shadow. I though doing a normal shadow would be boring so thought of it in terms of seasons. Since shadows are our "dark sides" I figured I would take inspiration from the summer tree outside and instead of giving it a shadow I gave it it's "dark side" or winter look instead of a traditional black shadow. This drawing is also inspired by the poem Fire and Ice By: Robert Frost, not sure why but i love that poem and this picture reminds me of it. "Some say the world end in fire, some say in ice....." has a nice ring to it doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. It does bring out the opposite side of the tree, but I would of put some snow in the air on the left to show more contrast. Other than that I really like it.

    ReplyDelete